Thursday, October 14, 2010

Summer's Bounty

Wow, it's been a while since I posted, hasn't it? I haven't felt much like taking pictures and blogging while I bake this past summer but I'm hoping with the cool weather and the plethora of pumpkins and apples we have around here, I'll be able post more and more.

This past summer I canned cherry jam, blueberry jam, brandied cherries and concord grape jelly. The only one I took pictures of was the grape jelly, which I did in early September. Here are a few pics:


Half a Bushel of Concord Grapes from Tontitown, Arkansas


The grapes chopped up



Be sure to strain your grape juice or you'll have tartaric crystals in your jelly!




Cooking the strained grape juice into jelly!




And we have grape jelly! I think I ended up with somewhere around 10-12 half-pints!






Find the recipe I used here:

Grape Jelly

No comments: